Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2018

August Maildays

I didn't even think I'd have a August Mailday post because most of the month I didn't buy one single card on Ebay. But the Ebay bombarded me with special offers and I'm a sucker for those so I ended up picking up a few cards at the end of the month. Here's what I got

2017-18 Spectra Dennis Smith Jr. Neon Blue (#42/99)
 
I bombed on my Spectra break, but I still love the cards and parallels. Dennis Smith Jr is still surprisingly cheap considering his potential. I picked this card up for less than $20. 

2017 Bowman's Best Autographs Ronald Acuna
 
The first of 3 Acuna autos I picked up last month, Acuna's been on FIRE the latter half of the season and seems to have taking the lead over Juan Soto for favorite to win ROY in the NL. I've been wanted to add more Acuna stuff and started with this one. a Prospect auto from Bowman's Best.

2018 Topps 35th Anniversary 1983 Autograph Ronald Acuna
 
I've mentioned before how I LOVE this auto set and I picked up the Gleyber Torres Black Parallel a couple months ago. I saw this and had to get it. I'm a sucker for throwback designs and combined with 10% Ebay Bucks and an on card of the hottest rookie there is, I had to get this.

2018 Topps Chrome Ronald Acuna Purple Refractor Auto RC (#74/250)
 
In hindsight, instead wasting so much money opening Chrome, I should've just bought Acuna Chrome Auto Rookies. Again, another 10% Ebay Bucks purchase, I had to get a nice rookie auto card of Acuna and Topps Chrome is definitely one of my favorite sets. 

2017 Panini Contenders Optic Deshaun Watson Auto RC
 
I wanted a Watson to add to my collection and this one caught my eye. The pic doesn't do it justice, it's a SLICK looking card. Contenders Optic is such a good looking set and this an on card auto of one of the most exciting players in the NFL. I can't wait to see how he does this season

And that'll do it!

1 comment:

  1. Those 35th Anniversary autographs are awesome! Nice August haul!

    ReplyDelete