Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Box Breaks: 3 Boxes of 2018 Panini Retail Football

 
I made an unexpected trip to Target to day and I always check out the card aisle to see what retail stuff they have. Panini Football was a product I've been interested in trying for a while now. I like the idea of a low level retail product that guarantees an autograph for a modest price. $30 bucks isn't too bad, it's only 10 more than a blaster which usually guarantees a boring memorabilia card. I also like the look of the base rookie cards from this set so I decided to buy the 3 boxes they had. Here's what I got


Notable Base Rookie Cards Lamar Jackson


Silver Knight Parallel

Christian McCaffrey (#4/50)
Marcus Peters (#7/50)
Jalen Ramsey (#12/50)
Greg Olsen (#12/50)
Justin Reid RC (#11/50)
Connor Williams RC (#4/50)
Julius Peppers (#13/50)


Gold Knight Parallel

Bradley Chubb (#18/20)


Lightspeed Gold Knight Parallel

J.J. Nelson (#09/20)

Autographs
Ronnie Harrison (#5/99)
Malik Jefferson (#46/99)

and

SAQUON BARKLEY (#52/60)
Overall Thoughts: HELL YES! I always LOVE when you pull the exact card you are targeting! The Barkley is such an awesome looking card. First of all like I said, the matte finish black bordered rookie cards are so cool looking, they are some of my favorite looking rookie cards this season so I was super stoked to pull the auto'd version of Barkley. The Bradley Chubb numbered to 20 is awesome as well. I was going to recommend these boxes regardless of what I pulled because for $30 it's totally worth the gamble. My other autos weren't great and it's a 108 card autograph checklist but for the price and it being a retail product, it's probably the best retail offering there is. You also get 3 numbered parallels a box on top of that. Great value here and highly recommended! 

Success/Failure: Oh yeah, big time time success here, and considering it's retail that's even more of a major success.

Pics of the cards

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018
#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Lonzo Ball (#13/15)
#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)
#3 2018 Topps Tier One Triple Patch Autographs Ichiro (#1/1)
#4 2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph Jeren Kendall (#2/5)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Topps Tier One Tier One Signatures Derek Jeter (#7/15)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Autographs Black Holo FOTL Exclusive Shohei Ohtani (#10/12)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Topps Clearly Authentic Autograph Black Parallel Redemption Shohei Ohtani (# to 75)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Barkley! Impressed that the rookie autographs are all serial numbered so low.

    ReplyDelete