Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Cardfest Day 11 Breaks! Christmas Eve Edition!

Well it's Christmas Eve so I'll be pretty busy with not only family stuff but watching football (in the Championship finals in one of my leagues and the 3rd place game in the other, both for money). I think I'll still be able to open a couple of things. Here's what I'm going to start with today.



16-17 Limited Basketball
 
This should be easy to knock out because it's just 1 pack per box with 8 cards per pack. I just opened 70 packs with 8 cards per pack yesterday so I don't see this break taking more than a few minutes. Each box comes with 2 hits. I did well with Limited last season so I'm hoping the trend continues. Here's what I got

Box 1
Red Spotlight Parallel
Goran Dragic (#90/99)

No Limit (Case Hit)
Anthony Davis

Limited Jersey Signatures
Nikola Mirotic (#66/99)

Unlimited Potential Jersey
Marquese Chriss (#42/99)

Box 2

Gold Spotlight Parallel
Tobias Harris (#16/25)

No Limit (Case Hit)
Stephen Curry

Team Trademarks Prime Patch
Russell Westbrook (#23/25)

Phenoms Jersey Autograph Prime
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (#8/26)

Overall Thoughts; On it's face, I knocked this out of the PARK. Two case hits in two packs, with one of them being Steph Curry (and Anthony Davis isn't bad either). However, when looking at the sell value of these cards, they surprisingly sell for very little. I really hate that about modern insert cards. With a few exceptions (like Kabooms from Excalibur or certain From Way Downtown cards from Studio) Panini inserts (not talking about low numbered parallels of base cards) just don't have any interest. Obviously it's because in today's hobby, it's all about the "hits" (autos and memorabilia) but still it's a shame that a Steph Curry case hit can't even sell for $15. Anyways for the rest of the break, the first box was BAD hits wise. A plain jersey of Marquese Chriss and a Nikola Mirotic Autograph Jersey..but the 2nd box saved the break. Russ is my absolute favorite player in today's NBA so I was super excited to pull a sweet jumbo patch of his. The patch is HUGE and it's a really nice looking card. The Big Z Auto/Patch isn't a spectacular hit, but I'll take it as I don't have an auto of him and it's low numbered to 26 to boot. Overall, although the value isn't there, I still think this was a pretty good break. Here's pics of the cards


And now the next break


2016 Infinity Football
 
This will be the final Football break of Cardfest. I bought this specifically to get free shipping for a Black Friday Blowout Purchase. Let's see what it holds...

Unique Parallel DeMarco Murray (#84/88)

Rookie Infinite Materials
Josh Doctson (#230/288)

Rookie Infinite Dual Materials
Pharoh Cooper (#51/88)

Rookie Signatures
Ricardo Louis (#239/288)

Overall Thoughts: Awful...straight up awful. One of the worst breaks of the entire Cardfest. Nothing to even talk about. Just bad. Here's the pics.

 


Well..I don't know if I want to end today on such a crappy note..so I think I have time for the next break. Here's what's next

2017 Topps WWE Legends
 
Let's go ahead and see what's in these boxes. Usually WWE breaks are pretty bland, but this seems like with 4 hits per box, it could be a more fun break. Here's what I got.

Box 1
Silver Parallel (1:8)
Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake (#57/99)

Blue Parallel (1:15)
Trish Stratus (#36/50)

Gold Parallel (1:71)
Brock Lesnar (#6/10)

Legends Autographs (1:12)
Lex Luger (#159/199)
Kevin Nash (#36/199)

Legends Autographs Silver (1:41)
Albert (#09/50)

Autograph Commemorative Retired Championship Card Blue Parallel (1:115)
Goldberg (#23/25)

Box 2

Silver Parallel (1:8)
Bruno Sammartino (#90/99)
Ted DiBiase (#32/99)


Blue Parallel (1:15)

Wendi Richter (#38/50)

Relics (1:14)
Kevin Nash (#112/299)

Legends Autographs (1:12)
Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (#95/199)


Legends Autographs Bronze Parallel (1:21)

Kevin Nash (#55/99)

Autograph Commemorative Retired Championship Belt Gold Parallel
Alundra Blayze (#7/10)

Overall Thoughts: Yep this was a super fun break. I got my first Goldberg auto and it's the super awesome Championship Belt card numbered to 25! The thing I love about this product is to me there aren't too many "scrub" autos so to speak. All of these wrestlers that I pulled autos of were prominent in the WWE or WCW or both. Lex Luger and Kevin Nash were two of the biggest superstars in the Era and Jim The Anvil Neidhart was part of the legendary Hart Foundation Tag Team. I would've loved to pulled a different Auto other than another Nash but that's ok. The Blayze is also a cool low numbered Championship Belt auto. I did overestimate the value of Brock Lesnar Gold Parallel numbered to 10. I thought that was a pretty nice hit, but one sold for .99 so apparently it's not THAT much of a  hit lol. The base set is small so expect tons of duplicates. Hell, I only bought two boxes of this and was pulling triples of somecards. Overall I had a blast with this. Here's pics of the cards and hits.





Overall Day 11 Thoughts: Much better way to end the day then with that crap Infinity break. Overall as has been the running theme so far, nothing super mind blowing, but a couple of more solid hits in the Westbrook patch and Goldberg Auto. I doubt I'll open anything tomorrow and Tuesday I've got a separate break of something else that's not officially part of Cardfest so this might be the last Cardfest break till next Friday at the earliest.

1 comment: