Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Final Post of Cardfest Entries Before I Begin!

Ok, so the title mayyyy be a little misleading, because I technically have 3 more things coming in next week, but since I'm 100% sure when I get those in, Cardfest will still be in the beginning stages of opening (and I can't wait anymore!) after I show off these last four products, IT'S TIME TO START OPENING BOXES. So without further ado...here's the last 4 products to showcase before officially starting Cardfest!



2016-17 Donruss Optic Basketball Blaster Boxes
 
I showed off the Hanger Boxes earlier this week, here's the Blaster Boxes. Again with Ben Simmons fueling 2016-17 products, Optic, which is basically Prizm lite, has started to catch fire as well. If you buy retail off the secondary market, you're going to be paying above retail prices. Well, I found some where, where I actually payed UNDER retail prices and I grabbed 10 blasters. I don't know about around the country, but Optic blasters are very difficult to find around here anymore, just because it's an older product. Retail is always going to be tougher to pull anything worth meaning, but at the price and with what you can pull..it's definitely worth a shot in my eyes.

2016 Donruss Optic Collector's Box Football
 
Oh boy the story with this...so these used to retail for $50 but during Black Friday they were marked to $25, which I felt was a great deal considering the contents. You get one exclusive Bronze auto and Bronze Memorabilia card per box. A chance at auto rookies of the hottest QB going right now, Carson Wentz, along with others like Jared Goff (coming along this year nicely) Zeke, and yes even still Dak though he's struggling for $25? I jumped at this and bought 12. Here's something though that I didn't think of..I've seen breaks of this and they are NOTORIOUS for the dreaded POINTS cards. Ugh..it put a little damper on my enthusiasm. There's no way with 12 boxes I go unscathed. Also, this package got me a little worried because it was briefly lost in the system and I didn't get in until 4 days after it was originally supposed to arrive. Thank goodness it was found, as I have never had a lost package before and didn't want this purchase to be my first. So definitely one of the more intriguing retail products I bought and hopefully we'll see a decent rookie auto to make it all worthwhile!


1997-98 Topps Finest Series 2 Jumbo Box
 Oh man..by far the most intriguing box of the whole break. I've ALWAYS wanted to bust a box of Old School Finest Basketball. This was obviously not a Black Friday purchase, but i had to jump on it. The seller seemed credible with his feedback as I know there's always risks of people resealing boxes on EBay. Just the possibilities of what you can get here gets me excited. This has an excellent chance to bust, as older wax is so expensive it's very difficult to get value back..but if you pull a monster, you REALLY pull a monster as 90's cards of superstars are SUPER expensive. This will be one of the last boxes I'll be opening, so it'll be a while before we see what is in it.

16-17 Noir Basketball
 
And last but not least (but not really) is 16-17 Noir, which Blowout had as a Black Friday special. This was expensive, but compared to it's original price, I just had to take a shot. I had a pretty good box last year, pulling a Giannis auto redemption (which I redeemed and got in) Melo Auto and Myles Turner Rookie Auto so I'm hoping for success here as well. It will be the 2nd to last box I open before Topps Luminaries.

Well...I think it's safe to say I've got a TON of opening to do, so I better get started! Like I said, there's no way to able to follow the original spirit of Cardfest, because there's just so much to open and so little time in a day, plus I'm still busy myself, so I can seriously see this thing lasting up to around Christmas. It'll definitely a fun ride though and I will of course be posting all results here on my blog! LET CARDFEST OFFICIALLY BEGIN!!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment