Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Introduction

Sports and collecting have been a huge part of my life ever since I can remember. I'll never forget my Dad's friend buying me my first pack of football cards, 1990 Pro Set from a local sports card shop in town, or my dad buying me team sets of 91 Donruss baseball, until we completed the entire set including the Diamond Kings and All Star Subsets. Almost every kid dabbles in collecting sports cards at one point in their lives, and for most it simply passes, but for me, once I was hooked I was HOOKED, and to me there's not a better hobby that connects you to the sports, teams, and players you root for and watch than sports cards and memorabilia. Collecting of course has come a long ways from the 15 card 50 cents a pack days, with it now becoming increasingly more expensive, especially with the addition of game used memorabilia and autograph cards that really started to take off in the late 90's, but despite that, I continue to collect for one reason and one reason only....for fun.  That's what it's always been about for me, I don't collect for investment purposes (though on a rainy day, it is nice to know that my collection is there as a safety net), I collect because it's just plain fun. Simple, right? I've decided to go through my personal collection and pick out my 100 favorite cards and rank them from #1 to #100 in descending order. I thought it would be fun to go back and look through my collection and see what cards I treasure amongst the many I have acquired throughout my collecting career. Of course this list is purely subjective but that's what's fun about it, cause it's not always the value of the card that makes it special. Every card I select has that little something "special" that makes it standout from the rest of my collection. Sorry for the long boring intro, I will be posting as time and work permits and feel free to comment on my posts at any time. Thank you and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea man. Interested to see some of these gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, gonna be fun to sort em out and see what makes the cut!

    ReplyDelete