Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#95 97-98 Topps Rock Stars Michael Jordan

What do you get when you combine an awesome die cut insert set from Topps and the greatest basketball player of all time? Card #95 on my countdown is what that combination creates. I first saw this insert set when I bought a Blaster Box of 97-98 Topps at Wal-Mart. I not only pulled a Keith Van Horn Draft Redemption(Mojoooooo!lol) but pulled a Grant Hill Rock Stars insert. Topps is a low end base brand, so I was always appreciated when they would put in a higher end looking insert set in their lower end base Topps set. The die cut design is so cool, and I just love the shot of Michael about drain yet another shot while the hapless Kings just look on like "well...what are you gonna do..it's MJ". Again, it's not a terribly hard insert to find (1:36 packs), but still a beauty of a card and in my opinion one of the most underrated insert sets of the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment