Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#99 97-98 Upper Deck AIRLines Michael Jordan AL6

Way back before the internet and EBay became the #1 destination for sports cards, I had to add to my collection through either the only card shop in town or more frequently retail places such as Target and Wal-Mart. The occasional card show would roll into town every once in a while, but for the longest time, the majority of my cards were pack pulled and usually pulled out of a retail pack. For awhile, this Jordan was the best card I had ever pulled and it came out of 97-98 Upper Deck Series II Blaster Box I bought at Target. This is card 6 of a 12 card insert set (all 12 of MJ) found at a hard rate of 1:230 packs. Old school Jordan, Penny, and Shaq inserts are still a big favorite of mine, and this die cut beauty is no exception. Nothing beats beating the odds on a rare pull especially at the retail level and I'll never forget the day I pulled my first "big time pull".

1 comment:

  1. That's a GREAT retail pull!!! Those cards still sell very, very well to this day.

    P.S. Jordan is rockin' the Air Jordan VI's in that card. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete