Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#100 93-94 Topps Finest Anfernee Hardaway RC

To start off this countdown at #100 is a card that is near and dear to me. Growing up after Michael Jordan retired the 1st time, I started following the young up and coming Orlando Magic and Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway was my favorite player (and to this day is still my favorite player of all time). The way he played the point guard position was simply amazing and I have no doubt that if not for injuries he would've have gone down as one of the greatest of all time. There no way I ever thought as a 10 year old I would own this card, but for Christmas my parents bought it for me and I was pure heaven! In Penny's prime, this was easily the best card in the inaugural super premium Topps Finest set of 93-94. Packs and boxes of this stuff were outrageous (for the time) and there was no way I would be able to afford this gem. But my parents, like always, came through in a big way, and though it doesn't carry the aura like it used to, it still remains the best rookie card of my favorite player of all time.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the best attributes of a card don't even actually have anything to do with the cards themselves. A large part of card collecting are the stories and memories that these pieces of paper remind us of. Nice card and great start to the countdown Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete