Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#64 03-04 SP Signature Edition Authentic Signatures John Stockton

When 03/04 SP Signature Edition came out, I was intrigued and bought two tins off EBay. It was probably the best two pack hit I've ever had. I not only pulled a Dennis "The Worm" Rodman Famous Nicknames autograph (BV $300, sold it a while back) but I pulled this baby. Two tins, two very nice hits. If you don't remember this was one of John Stockton's first certified autograph cards since the famous 92-93 Hoops card, so the supply of Stockton autographs was very limited, add to that  this was a short printed autograph, and I'd say that it was $100 well spent. I wish I would've stopped there, but over the course of the year I bought 5 or 6 more tins, with not much luck (I believe the next best card I ever pulled was a Peja/Zarko Cabarkapa dual auto, lol). Stockton of course is the all time assists leader and one of the greatest players ever to play the game. Stockton has such a large nice legible signature, and of course it's an on card auto as the sticker era hadn't quite kicked in yet. Stockton ended up signing a lot more after this, and he's got plenty of options to choose from now, but at the time, this was definitely the card to have and I was lucky enough to actually pull it.

No comments:

Post a Comment