Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#72 1993 SP Derek Jeter RC

Love the Yankees or despise them you cannot argue how much  Derek Jeter means to the organization. He's been the face of the franchise in this modern era and in a time where it's rare in any sport to see guys stay on one team their entire career, that is exactly what Jeter has done. He's also been a constant winner, helping deliver multiple championships during his storied career. Upper Deck introduced the original SP brand in 1993 and this Derek Jeter rookie card not only carries the set but is an essential baseball rookie card to own. Like I said with the A-Rod, I love early SP rookie cards across all sports because of the heavy use of foil and this Jeter is no exception. Of course many people pay huge premiums for gem mint versions of this card, but I'm not picky, I chose the affordable route and went raw. This is definitely a landmark rookie card to own, and deserves its spot on my countdown.

1 comment:

  1. I really want one of these. I've ripped open a few '93 UD SP packs, but have yet to pull one. Nice card!!!

    ReplyDelete