Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#75 2002 Fleer Platinum Run With History Emmitt Smith/Walter Payton Dual Jersey

Being a Cowboy fan hasn't produced many great memories in the 2000's but there was one that will standout as one of the most historic in NFL history. On October 27th, 2002 against the Seattle Seahawks Emmitt Smith broke the legendary rushing record held by the great Walter Payton. As a die hard Emmitt Smith and Cowboy fan I couldn't be more thrilled and it was definitely a moment I will always remember. Fleer created a Run With History insert set in their 2002 Platinum release that included multiple cards of Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton and Troy Aikman. I love this card on so many levels. Of course it commemorates Emmitt's chase of a record once thought to be untouchable. Of course I love it cause like
I've stated before I'm a huge Cowboy fan. I also just love it
because I also appreciate legends and you really couldn't get better
than "Sweetness", so to get a dual game used jersey card of argurably
two of the greatest running backs of all time is just indescribable. There will
never be two running backs like Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton, and this
card captures their greatness perfectly in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment