Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#61 09-10 Panini Hall of Fame Dream Team Patch Larry Bird

I'm kind of apathetic when it comes to Panini products in basketball. I dunno what it is, but I just haven't been able to get into their products much, and it's actually forced me to concentrate on vintage and stuff from the 90's. When I heard that Panini was coming out with memorabilia cards from the original Dream Team, though, it really caught my attention. The greatest basketball team ever assembled, it will never be duplicated. Everyone knows the names and last year the team was inducted to the Basketball Hall of Fame, so it was fitting for Panini's Basketball Hall of Fame product that they would be showcased. Now of course for obvious reasons Michael Jordan isn't in this set. Also Charles Barkley is excluded, which isn't surprising considering how difficult it is to get him in products. Besides them, Christian Laettner is the only other member not in the set. This is one set I really do enjoy from Panini. I was lucky to get the patch version of Larry Bird, and it's a nice three color patch of game used Larry Bird Dream Team jersey. Also, what I like about these is they aren't super hard
to find. The regular jersey version have high print numbers and even the patches
are relative high. This Bird is numbered to 99. Overall, Panini Hall of Fame was considered
a flop at its price range, but these Dream Team cards are still very popular. Panini definitely got my
attention with this set, I just hope they can keep it for future products.

1 comment: