Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-Honorable Mention: 09-10 SP Game Used Tag Team Duals Pau Gasol/Karl Malone

This card was going to be on the countdown, but I had to call an audible since I got a card I had been searching for a while and bumped this card out of contention. Upper Deck went out with a bang by quickly releasing a few sets in 09-10 before their NBA license expired. Some of the coolest patch cards were created including this one featuring laundry tag patches. Not only are there Tag Team Duals (like the Durant/Jeff Green I posted in an earlier post) but Tag Team Quads as well. This card features Karl Malone and Pau Gasol. What's unique about the patches is that the Malone features a piece of Reebok patch and the Gasol features a piece of
the Logoman. Also this card is numbered to 10, and this
one is actually #1 of 10 which is pretty cool. Definitely one of
my favorite cards in my collection, just not good enough to make the Top
100 cut. Tomorrow, the countdown resumes at #52 with the card that bumped
this beauty out of my list.

2 comments: